SUFFOLK DISABLED ANGLERS FORUM
RULES and REGULATIONS
Please note our membership application form can be download from the SDAF Membership Application navigation tab located above and to the left of this page.
- Membership is open to all disabled persons. The current annual membership fee is £10.00. We also offer membership to non-disabled anglers.
- All members requiring transport to the SDAF coarse fishing sessions will be charged a fee of £7.00
- Essential carers will also be charged £7.00 for transport.
- Members wishing to take part in the SDAF coarse fishing sessions will be charged £6 per session. This helps cover the cost of bait, and additional tackle costs.
- If for any reason a member finds they have to cancel a booking for which transport has been arranged, they must notify either the membership secretary or transport organiser as soon as possible. Failure to comply with this rule could see you banned from making future bookings (except in exceptional circumstances).
- Members must observe all health and safety advice given by coaches and volunteer helpers.
- Risk Assessments will be carried out at all venues used.
- Do not leave your peg/platform without first removing bait from the hook and leaving your rod in a safe place and all line out of the water, you must also advise a coach or volunteer helper that you are leaving and inform them of your intentions.
- Members must not use boilies on any freshwater fishing sessions.
- Members must not use barbed hooks for freshwater fishing and hooks should not be above size 10.
- To avoid injury members must not cast into other anglers swims.
- All litter must be taken home.
- Members must not interfere with or disturb any wildlife or plants at the venue.
- All fish should be handled with wet hands or through their wet landing net and returned with care (freshwater).
- All new members are permitted three taster sessions with the SDAF after which you will be required to purchase a National Rod Licence these are purchased from any Post Office or on-line and are valid for 1 day, 8 days or 12 month’s from the date of purchase.
- If you have a Blue Badge or are in receipt of the higher rate of DLA for mobility you are entitled to a concessionary priced National Rod Licence, just take evidence of this to the Post Office when you apply.
- All members should inform us of any special requirements.
- All scratches or cuts should be covered, if you injure yourself while with the SDAF seek advice from the coaches or volunteer helpers who are all basic first aid trained.
- Only one rod to be used at any one time
- Please make sure you have appropriate clothing, food and drink.
- Members requiring additional bait must arrange and provide it themselves.
* Some additional rules may apply to the waters we use, which are under the control of other clubs or organisations and these must be adhered to.
** National Rod Fishing Licence (Non Migratory Trout and Coarse Fishing): If you are in receipt of the higher rate of Disabled Living Allowance you are entitled to a concessionary National Rod Fishing Licence, which can be purchased from any Post Office and online at www.environment-agency.gov.uk. You will need to provide proof of your entitlement to DLA.
Telephone: 01473 222240
Telephone: 0775 830 4312
Membership and Treasurer.
Telephone: 01449 676818
Environment Agency Hotline Number: 0800 807060
Swan Sanctuary: 01784 431667
RSPCA: 0870 555999